by Thornton Wilder
Dr. Gibbs Timeline and Summary
- Doc Gibbs returns from delivering a baby in Polish Town. Exhausted, he won’t get more than three hours of sleep before his next appointment with a patient.
- Doc Gibbs talks with George about doing chores.
- Doc Gibbs comes downstairs for breakfast and teases his wife about one of their chicks leaving the coop.
- Doc Gibbs and Mrs. Gibbs reminisce about their own pre-wedding fright, and admit that neither of them slept much the night before either.
- Doc Gibbs attends Emily’s funeral.
- After the procession leaves, Doc Gibbs stands in front of Mrs. Gibbs’ gravesite. He has brought her flowers.