Pan (Faunus) Sightings
- The Metamorphoses by Ovid 2
Get all the details on Pan's creepy stalking of Syrinx in this mega-famous collection of mega-myth-y poems.
- Dionysiaca by Nonnus 401 - 500
Pan gets up to all kinds of shenanigans in this ancient poem, including getting all stalky with Echo.
- "The Dead Pan" by Elizabeth Barrett Browning 1844
Pan is still ticked that Mrs. Browning went around telling everybody he was dead in this classic poem.
- "A Musical Instrument" by Elizabeth Barrett Browning 1860
You've got to check out this seriously awesome poem about Pan and Syrinx. Ms. EBB really loved the guy, apparently.
- Silenus by Thomas Woolner 1884
In this riff on Greek mythology, Silenus turns into an alcoholic after his lover, Syrinx, turns into reeds to escape the advances of Pan.
- "in Just" by e. e. cummings 1920
Some say the "goat footed balloonman" in this famous poem is either a satyr or Pan in disguise.
- The Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series by Rick Riordan 2005
Percy Jackson's buddy, Grover Underwood, is a satyr who dreams of one day searching for the long lost god, Pan.
- Pan's Labyrinth 2006
A very Pan-like (and very creepy) creature takes a young girl on a dangerous quest in this must-see movie.