Paul Revere's Ride
Paul Revere's Ride Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Does this seem like a patriotic poem? Do you think it's important to be patriotic?
- Longfellow gets some of his facts wrong in this poem. Is that a problem? Is it important for a poem like this to be historically correct?
- Are you inspired by the American Revolution? Does this poem make you feel proud and excited?
- Why don't people use their middle names anymore? Shmoop misses that. Maybe we'll name our kid Henry Wadsworth Shmoop. (OK, maybe not.)
- If you had to write a modern version of this poem about a really motivating moment for America, what event would you write about?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...