The Perks of Being a Wallflower
by Stephen Chbosky
The Perks of Being a Wallflower Part 1, Chapter 2 Summary
How It All Goes Down
September 7, 1991
- Charlie doesn't like high school for a few reasons:
- The cafeteria is called the "Nutrition Center." That's like calling a rollercoaster the throw-up machine. Kind of.
- Susan, who used to date Michael, acts dumber in high school just to attract boys.
- Charlie is being bullied by a kid named Sean.
- To remedy the last problem, Charlie beats the snot out of Sean.
- Lucky for Charlie, someone tells Mr. Small the truth about what happened, so Charlie doesn't get detention. Whew.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...