The Perks of Being a Wallflower Part 1, Chapter 6 Summary
How It All Goes Down
September 29, 1991
- Charlie tells us that he received a C on his To Kill a Mockingbird essay. We weren't expecting that.
- Later, he does a lot of ruminating about ladies on magazine covers and the stale interviews they give. He also does a lot of thinking about his aunt Helen.
- Then he recalls a TV-related memory: the final episode of M*A*S*H.
- Not only was it the highest-rated TV show ever (remember, this is 1991, when people actually watched TV instead of Hulu), but it was also the only time Charlie ever saw his dad cry. (Now that's a man we'd want to have coffee with; we love a good TV-show crier.)
- Apropos of nothing, Charlie tells us that he has one cavity, but he doesn't want to floss.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...