The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Perks of Being a Wallflower Part 2, Chapter 1 Summary
How It All Goes Down
November 7, 1991
- Charlie's actually enjoying school these days. The weather is nice and he's getting to know new people, like Mary Elizabeth, one of the girls from the party.
- On a totally unrelated note, here's Patrick's story about how he met Brad:
- Instead of admitting he was gay, Brad would drink and get high a lot. Then he would use that as an excuse for not remembering what went on between him and Patrick.
- Brad's parents sent him to rehab because they didn't want him to lose the opportunity for a football scholarship.
- For a while, Brad avoided Patrick. After a few months they got back together, but only late at night at the golf course or at Bob's house where people can keep their secret.
- And that's the story of Patrick and Brad.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search