The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Perks of Being a Wallflower Part 2, Chapter 11 Summary
How It All Goes Down
December 23, 1991
- Charlie's back on his own because Sam and Patrick have left for the Grand Canyon.
- He watches kids sledding and has a lot of philosophical thoughts about how they're going to grow up and kiss someone some day—you know, the usual.
- It seems that Sam's kiss has turned Charlie into quite the philosopher, and he does a lot of ruminating.
- During all his thinking, Charlie tells us that his birthday is on December 24th. If we had the Internet in 1991, we would have sent him this e-card.
- To close the letter, Charlie tells us that Bill gave him another book: The Catcher in the Rye. Man, this Bill character is really all about the classics.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...