The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Perks of Being a Wallflower Part 2, Chapter 2 Summary
How It All Goes Down
November 8, 1991
- Charlie has some good news and some bad news. Let's start with the good.
- It's report card time, and Charlie got a B for his English paper on Peter Pan. He's also capitalizing "English" now, which is nice.
- He says that he wants to write when he grows up. Maybe.
- In the meantime, he's helping Mary Elizabeth with her Rocky Horror Picture Show fanzine, Punk Rocky.
- "I don't write for it, but I help out" (2.2.5), writer Charlie. Dude. You just said you wanted to write when you grow up. Get a head start.
- Anyway, Charlie tells us about Rocky Horror. Patrick plays Frank 'N Furter and Sam plays Janet.
- Charlie also tells us that he loves Sam. Well how about that bomb?
- Now it's time for the bad news: Sam has a boyfriend, Craig.
- Charlie's sister tells him that Sam used to have quite the reputation for doing sexual favors at school. Oh my.
- This revelation hurts Charlie quite a bit—he doesn't want to think of Sam that way.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search