The Perks of Being a Wallflower Part 2, Chapter 7 Summary
How It All Goes Down
December 7, 1991
- In Secret Santa this year, Charlie draws Patrick's name.
- He makes him an amazing mix tape. You just have to check out the playlist and listen to all the songs. We'll wait here.
- Charlie thinks about how awesome it would be if he actually wrote one of the songs on the tape.
- Instead of sitting down to write a song, he just abruptly switches topics, saying how excited he'll be to get his driver's license. Hasn't the kid ever heard of segues? We know he hasn't heard of Segways. Oh, no—they hadn't been invented yet.
- To conclude the letter, he tells us that he's read The Great Gatsby and A Separate Peace. So have we!
Next Page: Part 2, Chapter 8
Previous Page: Part 2, Chapter 6