The Perks of Being a Wallflower
by Stephen Chbosky
The Perks of Being a Wallflower Part 3, Chapter 1 Summary
How It All Goes Down
January 4, 1992
- Right off the bat, Charlie apologizes for his last letter and the suicidal wishes he recorded.
- After he mailed that last letter, Charlie passed out in the snow. He tells his reader that this—his falling asleep in strange places—used to happen a lot.
- His family takes him home and takes care of him. Also, his sister cleans up his hair, which he had taken scissors to, resulting in a very unflattering haircut. A weed-whacker could have done a better job.
- Charlie closes the letter by swearing he will never do LSD again.
- Yeah, that's probably a good idea.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...