The Perks of Being a Wallflower Part 3, Chapter 10 Summary
How It All Goes Down
March 28, 1992
- Charlie spends the first few pages of this letter telling his reader how Mary Elizabeth talks a lot. And we mean a lot.
- Once, he put the phone down while she was talking, went to the bathroom, and came back and picked up the phone. She was still talking.
- It's only been four months, but Charlie's mom asks him when he wants to have Patrick and Sam over for dinner.
- When Charlie does ask them over, Mary Elizabeth invites herself. And just like that, dinner quickly turns into The Mary Elizabeth Show. Starring Mary Elizabeth. With special guest star Mary Elizabeth. And, playing herself, Mary Elizabeth!
- After dinner, Charlie spends a lot of time trying to process his feelings, or lack thereof, for this girl.
- His sister tells him that he should be honest about his feelings. Well, that much we agree with.
Next Page: Part 3, Chapter 11
Previous Page: Part 3, Chapter 9