The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Perks of Being a Wallflower Part 3, Chapter 3 Summary
How It All Goes Down
January 25, 1992
- This letter starts off with a much different tone than the last few: "I feel great! I really mean it" (3.3.2).
- Why does Charlie feel so great? It might have something to do with the new psychiatrist he's seeing.
- After telling his reader about his psychiatrist, Charlie talks about an article he read which compared Kurt Cobain from Nirvana to John Lennon.
- This article spurs a discussion among all Charlie's friends, and everyone has his or her own theory as to why critics insist on comparing people to others.
- Charlie's opinion? "He is just a guy who writes songs that a lot of people like" (3.3.15). Deep. But hey, we're glad that Charlie is participating in these discussions, and he is, too.
- Of course, he overthinks things and starts wondering what important, mind-expanding conversations are happening in other Big Boys. We hate to break it to him, but most people are probably just deciding whether to have fries or onion rings.
- Charlie closes the letter by saying that he hopes his reader has had a good day. We know he's not writing to us, but you know what? We did have a good day. Thanks, Chuck.