The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Cite This Page
The Perks of Being a Wallflower Part 3, Chapter 5 Summary Page 1
How It All Goes Down
February 8, 1992
- Charlie tells us that Mary Elizabeth invited him to the Sadie Hawkins dance. Here's what leads up to it:
- Mary Elizabeth says that the latest issue of Punk Rocky, their Rocky Horror fanzine, is the best yet. And thanks to Charlie's Christmas gift, it's in color. Plus, they included the poem Charlie read to Patrick.
- That night at Rocky Horror, Craig doesn't show up.
- Even though Charlie says he's not "cut and hunky" (3.5.13) like Craig is, he steps in to play Rocky, Craig's part in the show.
- He has to wear quite a revealing costume: a gold bikini bottom, slippers, and a feather boa.
- After the show, Mary Elizabeth asks Charlie out. He gets—ahem—quite excited thinking about it.
- Charlie tries to get dating advice from his sister, but she doesn't want to talk to him. Could she possibly have something else on her mind?