The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Perks of Being a Wallflower Part 4, Chapter 14 Summary
How It All Goes Down
June 22, 1992
- It's the night before Sam is leaving for Penn State's summer program, and she and Charlie share an intimate chat.
- She wants to know a few things, like why did Charlie let Patrick kiss him, and why didn't he ask her out when Craig broke up with her?
- Basically, she wants to know why isn't he participating in his own life—but she says it better than we can. Check it out.
- They have a very nice, productive discussion that leads to a steamy make-out session.
- Charlie is really affected emotionally when Sam touches him in his bathing-suit zone. But not in a good way. He's not sure what's going on, but he's having a little internal freak-out.
- He goes pale and weird, and Sam has him lie down on the couch.
- When he falls asleep, he has a dream about Aunt Helen. A memory has come to the surface—a memory of Aunt Helen touching him the way Sam just did.
- Sam leaves for college in the morning, and Charlie drives himself home.
- When he gets home, things are really strange. For example, he sees TV shows on TV, even though the television isn't on.
- Charlie ends the letter by telling us that he doesn't want his reader to worry about him.
- He also thinks they deserve a nice life.
- Then he says goodbye, ending the final letter of Part 4.