The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Perks of Being a Wallflower Part 4, Chapter 5 Summary
How It All Goes Down
May 17, 1992
- Patrick is still dragging Charlie all around town. One night, he takes him to a park where men hook up with each other.
- After Patrick disappears into the bushes with a stranger, another man approaches Charlie.
- They smoke and make small talk for a bit before Charlie recognizes the man as a local sportscaster. When Charlie tells him he recognizes him from TV, the guy scurries away pretty quickly. It's actually a pretty funny moment.
- They go to a few more places, huff a few drugs, and Patrick picks up a few more guys. Just your average night in teenage-land.
- Here's the thing: whenever Patrick hooks up with a guy, he gets really sad afterward. And one night at the park, they actually see Brad there with someone else. Boo.
- Patrick doesn't try to kiss Charlie that night. Charlie says, "He just thanked me for being his friend. And drove away" (4.5.25).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search