The Perks of Being a Wallflower Part 4, Chapter 5 Summary
How It All Goes Down
May 17, 1992
- Patrick is still dragging Charlie all around town. One night, he takes him to a park where men hook up with each other.
- After Patrick disappears into the bushes with a stranger, another man approaches Charlie.
- They smoke and make small talk for a bit before Charlie recognizes the man as a local sportscaster. When Charlie tells him he recognizes him from TV, the guy scurries away pretty quickly. It's actually a pretty funny moment.
- They go to a few more places, huff a few drugs, and Patrick picks up a few more guys. Just your average night in teenage-land.
- Here's the thing: whenever Patrick hooks up with a guy, he gets really sad afterward. And one night at the park, they actually see Brad there with someone else. Boo.
- Patrick doesn't try to kiss Charlie that night. Charlie says, "He just thanked me for being his friend. And drove away" (4.5.25).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...