The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Perks of Being a Wallflower Part 4, Chapter 8 Summary
How It All Goes Down
June 2, 1992
- Charlie tells his reader about the senior prank at his school: they filled the pool with grape Kool-Aid.
- All of Charlie's friends and his sister are talking about prom or college. Meanwhile, Charlie's a little upset thinking about Sam going to college.
- Despite that, he's found time to finish The Fountainhead. Which, at over 700 pages, isn't an easy task.
- He tells us about the philosophy in it—pretty straightforward—and how he's applied it to his own life: "Every person has to live for his or her own life and then make the choice to share it with other people" (4.8.11).
- At the end of the letter, he tells us that his psychiatrist keeps asking him questions about his childhood, but he doesn't know why.