The Perks of Being a Wallflower Part 4, Chapter 9 Summary
How It All Goes Down
June 5, 1992
- The book isn't over, but school is, and everyone rides off into the sunset.
- Well, they run off into the sunset. Patrick, Sam, and Charlie, filled with the thrill of the last day of school (for Sam and Patrick, anyway), run up a hill into the sunset. "And everything was as good as it could be" (4.9.2).
- Later, they go to Rocky Horror, and Patrick plays Frank 'N Furter one last time.
- Charlie's sister even goes to the show, and she and her boyfriend dance the Time Warp.
- The loser of the dance contest has to pretend to have sex with a stuffed Gumby doll on stage. Charlie doesn't want his sister to lose, so he gives her some tips before the dance. It's just a jump to the left, you know. And a step to the right…
- Finally, they go to a party at Craig's house, and Charlie plays deejay: "It was a great way to sit alone at a party, and still feel a part of things" (4.9.9). That's our wallflower for you.
Next Page: Part 4, Chapter 10
Previous Page: Part 4, Chapter 8