Perseus and Andromeda Study Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What can this story tell us about the role of women in the ancient world?
- What is created when Medusa's blood touches the seaweed?
- How does Perseus do away with Phineus, Andromeda's angry uncle/fiancé? Was Perseus being fair?
- Compare and contrast Andromeda with a modern damsel in distress, like Superman's girl, Lois Lane, and Spiderman's girl, Mary Jane.
- Compare and contrast Perseus' battle with the Cetus to another Greek hero's battle with a monster. Theseus, Heracles, and Odysseus are all good examples.
- Release the Kraken! Compare this story to the 2010 and 1981 film adaptations, Clash of the Titans. Which version do you like best? Why do you think each adaptation made the changes it did?
Next Page: Photos
Previous Page: Analysis