by Jane Austen
Louisa Musgrove Timeline and Summary
- Louisa and her sister join Mary and Anne on a walk.
- Louisa and her family are popular in the neighborhood, and love to throw impromptu dance parties.
- Arriving first at her brother’s house for an evening party, Louisa warns them that Mrs. Musgrove has been overcome with sad memories of her dead son Richard.
- With her family, Louisa questions Wentworth about his naval history.
- Louisa and her sister dance with Captain Wentworth while Anne plays the piano.
- Louisa and Henrietta try to go on a long walk alone, but Mary insists on joining them, as do Anne, Captain Wentworth, and Charles Musgrove.
- In conversations during the walk, Louisa impresses Captain Wentworth with her decisive, resolute character.
- Louisa forces her sister to walk with Charles Hayter so that she can have Wentworth to herself.
- Louisa convinces her family to go with Wentworth to Lyme.
- Louisa jumps off the Cobb steps and knocks herself unconscious on the ground.
- Captain Wentworth carries Louisa to the Harvilles’ home.
- The doctor says that Louisa will recover, but cannot be moved.
- Louisa slowly recovers in Lyme.
- As she recovers, Louisa develops a taste for poetry and an affection for Captain Benwick.
- Louisa and Benwick get engaged.
- Louisa and Benwick marry.