Assignments & Activities
Available to teachers only as part of the Teaching Postwar Suburbia Teacher Pass
Teaching Postwar Suburbia Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Assignments & Activities
Image Analysis: Levittown
1. Briefly introduce Levittown, the landmark postwar suburb built on New York's Long Island, and show your students these images of the community:...
Video Analysis: 1950s Advertising
In this exercise, your students will examine some postwar television advertisements in order to determine what they reveal about postwar suburban culture. More broadly, they will consider the role of advertising in reflecting and shaping cultu...