Pride and Prejudice
by Jane Austen
Mr. Bingley Timeline and Summary
- Mr. Bingley arrives at Netherfield and returns Mr. Bennet's visit.
- At the Lucases' ball, Mr. Bingley dances with Jane twice, a real honor that suggests he finds her attractive.
- Mr. Bingley begins to pay special attention to Jane. The two appear to fall in love.
- Mr. Bingley leaves for London, but promises he will have dinner at Longbourn when he returns.
- Mr. Bingley does not return from London; his sisters leave for London to join him.
- While Jane is in London for three months, Mr. Bingley does not visit her.
- Mr. Bingley returns to Netherfield after being gone for almost a year. Since he has learned the truth from Mr. Darcy about how Jane really did like him, he dares to hope that Jane might still like him.
- Mr. Bingley proposes and Jane accepts.