Pride and Prejudice
Cite This Page
- When Elizabeth is finally able to tell Jane about Mr. Darcy's proposal, Jane feels sorry for Mr. Darcy's disappointment.
- Ugh, she would.
- It's hard for her to believe Darcy's side of the Wickham story because she just wants to think the best of everyone, but finally she gives in.
- Should Lizzy tell the town?
- No, because then she'd have to expose Miss Darcy, which Mr. Darcy specifically asked her not to do.
- One thing she doesn't tell Jane: the part about Bingley.