Pride and Prejudice
Cite This Page
Pride and Prejudice Chapter 54 Summary Page 1
- Elizabeth mopes around. Why did Darcy come at all if he was just going to be silent and serious?
- She decides she won't think about him anymore.
- That resolution lasts about five minutes.
- When Mr. Bingley and Mr. Darcy come for dinner, it's clear that Mr. Bingley and Jane are totally into each other.
- Mr. Darcy has to sit next to Mrs. Bennet. The two simply endure each other.
- Elizabeth hopes all evening that she'll get a chance to speak to Mr. Darcy but, alas, like any good romance, she gets thwarted at every turn.