Pride and Prejudice
Cite This Page
Pride and Prejudice Chapter 55 Summary Page 1
- A few days later, Bingley comes for dinner all by his lonesome.
- After dinner, Mrs. Bennet manages to maneuver them all out of the room so Jane and Bingley can be alone.
- This is super embarrassing to Jane and Elizabeth, and it doesn't work.
- So obviously, she tries it again the next evening. And it works! Bingley proposes.
- Woohoo! Now come lots of congratulations and happiness and Mr. Bennet's teasing.
- Mr. Bingley starts coming every day and, when he and Jane aren't attached at the hip, one of them is talking Elizabeth's ear off.
- Jane wishes that Elizabeth could be as happy. Elizabeth says that it's impossible —she's not made like Jane.
- In her own dry manner, Elizabeth says she only hopes that she may have good enough luck to find another Mr. Collins. Hah!