Pride and Prejudice
Pride and Prejudice Chapter 55 Summary
- A few days later, Bingley comes for dinner all by his lonesome.
- After dinner, Mrs. Bennet manages to maneuver them all out of the room so Jane and Bingley can be alone.
- This is super embarrassing to Jane and Elizabeth, and it doesn't work.
- So obviously, she tries it again the next evening. And it works! Bingley proposes.
- Woohoo! Now come lots of congratulations and happiness and Mr. Bennet's teasing.
- Mr. Bingley starts coming every day and, when he and Jane aren't attached at the hip, one of them is talking Elizabeth's ear off.
- Jane wishes that Elizabeth could be as happy. Elizabeth says that it's impossible —she's not made like Jane.
- In her own dry manner, Elizabeth says she only hopes that she may have good enough luck to find another Mr. Collins. Hah!
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search