Pride and Prejudice
Pride and Prejudice Chapter 60 Summary
- Elizabeth soon gets over her shyness and becomes playful and flirty again.
- She asks Mr. Darcy how he came to fall in love with her. It's the sort of lovey-dovey talk that never gets old between two new lovers but is extremely tiresome to everyone else, so we won't recap it—but definitely check it out for yourself.
- One thing Lizzy says is that she's pretty sure what Darcy liked about her was that she didn't fawn all over him, like other women.
- We also find out in this chapter that Mr. Bennet really enjoys letting Mr. Collins know that Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are, in fact, engaged.
- He advises Mr. Collins to remain in good standing with Mr. Darcy, who has, ahem, a lot more money than Lady Catherine.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search