Pride and Prejudice
Cite This Page
Pride and Prejudice Chapter 51 Summary Page 1
- When the couple arrives on their wedding day, everyone is shocked that they're acting as though they haven't just committed a huge social mistake. (Everyone except Mrs. Bennet, that is.)
- They act like everything is totally normal—especially Lydia, who loves gloating about being married.
- Boy, we are glad that Lydia didn't have a Facebook account. Can you imagine?
- Wickham, unsurprisingly, doesn't seem as into Lydia.
- Oh, and Lydia has some surprising news. Mr. Darcy was at her wedding.
- Oh LOL, she wasn't supposed to have said anything at all but the damage is done now, teehee!
- Elizabeth refuses to give Lydia the satisfaction of knowing she wants to hear more, so she writes to her aunt instead.