Prince Caspian Chapter 1 Summary
- We're ba-ack. Narnia! (!!!)
- Okay, sorry. Just had to get that out of our system.
- The Four Pevensie children sit at a train station.
- Once kings and queens of a place called Narnia, they're now heading for boarding school. And if you thought going to school was bad, try going to school after being king or queen of a magic kingdom. Super weak.
- Lucy feels a tug, then Edmund, and then Peter and Susan.
- The next moment, the train station is gone, and the children find themselves in a thicket. The Lesson: always be careful in British train stations or you might accidently end up in a magic land. We feel like we've heard that one before.
- They stumble through the wood and come out in front of a beach and dazzling blue sea.
- They play for a bit (duh), but soon decide they need to find water. When they explore, they discover they are on an island.
- They come across a small spring running down from the woods. While drinking and resting beside it, they eat the sandwiches their mother packed them for school.
- After some discussion, they decide to explore deeper into the woods to see what's on the island with them.
- First stop: an apple orchard surrounded by old, crumbling stone walls.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...