Cite This Page
Prince Caspian Chapter 11 Summary Page 1
The Lion Roars
- Finally, everyone is up and about.
- Lucy tells her story. Susan and Trumpkin aren't exactly convinced, but Peter says he'll go along. And seeing how Peter is High King and all…
- They follow Lucy who follows Aslan. Eventually Edmund can see the lion, then Peter, and finally Susan.
- When they come within sight of Aslan's How, the lion turns to face them. Breathing on the children, he revives their courage.
- Then he formally introduces himself to Trumpkin by way of a little roughhousing. Although terrified, Trumpkin accepts Aslan's offer of friendship.
- Aslan commands Peter, Edmund, and Trumpkin to hurry over to Aslan's How and deal with what's happening there.
- The girls stay with Aslan, and the lion roars.
- Everyone hears it. The Telmarines are terrified, and the Old Narnians gather strength.
- The roar brings a procession of gods, deities, and spirits, including Bacchus and the ever-smashed Silenus, out to celebrate Aslan's return.