Cite This Page
Prince Caspian Chapter 15 Summary Page 1
Aslan Makes a Door in the Air
- The Old Narnians greet Aslan with hugs and hurrahs.
- Caspian finally meets the god, and Aslan makes him the official, real deal King of Narnia.
- But it's not all joyful news. Reepicheep has been severely injured and will soon die.
- But wait! Lucy uses her cordial to heal his wounds, and Aslan provides the martial mouse with a new tail. Okay, now it's all good news again.
- Peter knights Caspian, and with his new found powers, Caspian turns around and knights and rewards his loyal followers.
- As for the Telmarines, they are imprisoned, which sucks. But they're given beef and beer, so, hey, it's not so bad for them either.
- After that, it's the celebratory feast to end all celebratory feasts. Even the trees are invited to get down and do the birch tree boogey.
- The next day, Aslan starts the task of conflict resolution. He tells the Telmarines that those who wish to stay in Narnia may do so, but he'll provide a new home for those who want to cut loose.
- Some Telmarines wish to stay, but most want out.
- Aslan tells the Telmarines that their ancestors actually came to Narnia from an island in King Peter's world, and he plans to return them to that island by way of a magic doorway.
- One brave Telmarine accepts and steps through Aslan's magic doorway. But when the guy just up and disappears, the others freak out and refuse to follow.
- Reepicheep offers his services to show the Telmarines there is nothing to fear, but Peter knows better. It's their turn to leave as well.
- They change into their Earth clothes, and Peter lets Edmund and Lucy in on a secret. Susan and he will never return to Narnia because they have grown too old. Womp womp.
- But Aslan seems to have hinted that Edmund and Lucy will be back. (Can we say sequel setup?)
- After many a goodbye and farewell, the Pevensies step through Aslan's magic doorway and return to the train station as though they never left.
- And everything returns to normal.
- Well, except for the fact that Edmund left his new flashlight in Narnia. Oops.