by C.S. Lewis
Prince Caspian Chapter 7 Summary
Old Narnia in Danger
- That night, at the Dancing Lawn, the Old Narnians gather to discuss this war business.
- Before they can get underway though, a man appears. Only it's not a man; it's Dr. Cornelius. He didn't spend eight years of study at Narnia U to be called "man."
- He has come to warn the council that Miraz is coming with his army—and not to join in peace talks either.
- Reepicheep is pumped at the idea of battle, but Dr. Cornelius suggests they fight later. First, they must fall back to Aslan's How and regroup.
- So… they fall back to Aslan's How and regroup.
- Miraz's army soon finds them, and the war begins.
- Caspian's side takes the worst of it. They suffer a particularly devastating defeat thanks to Wimbleweather the Giant zigging when he should have zagged. It puts Caspian's forces in a foul mood.
- Caspian's council tries to figure out what to do. Deciding their circumstances qualify as direst, they choose to have Caspian blow Susan's horn in the morning.
- Pattertwig is sent to the Lantern Waste, and Trumpkin volunteers to travel to Cair Paravel. Each will go to these historic sites to welcome whatever divine help might answer the call.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...