Prince Caspian Chapter 9 Summary
What Lucy Saw
- Dog tired, the Pevensies row up Glasswater Creek. They pull ashore at twilight and all of them hit the hay, erm, moss.
- All except Lucy. She's wide awake, and the Narnian scenery enlivens her.
- She explores the wood, imagining what it would be like if the trees could talk to her again. For a moment, she feels like she has just missed the opportunity to communicate with them.
- Then she heads back to the camp and promptly falls asleep.
- The next morning, it's up for an apple breakfast and some hiking. Huzzah!
- And… they're lost. To make matters worse, they lose themselves right into the path of a mindless bear.
- Trumpkin manages to kill the bear before it munches on any of them. They butcher the bear for rations and proceed being lost again.
- Next up, they come to a gorge. Peter can't figure out whether or not they are lost after all since the landscape might have changed.
- Suddenly, Lucy glimpses Aslan. She knows he wants them to follow him.
- Unable to decide if Lucy really saw Aslan, the group puts it to a vote. Edmund and Lucy say go left and up to follow the lion. But Trumpkin and Susan vote to go down.
- It comes to Peter, who says… down. Sorry, Lu.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search