by Niccolò Machiavelli
Cesare Borgia Timeline and Summary
- January 1, 1431: Rodrigo de Lanzol y Borgia is born.
- 1456: Rodrigo is ordained Cardinal-Deacon of San Nicola in Carcere by his uncle.
- 1471: Rodrigo becomes Cardinal-Bishop of Albano.
- September 13, 1475: Cesare Borgia is born. [Insert hallelujah music here]
- August 1, 1492: Rodrigo becomes the Pope.
- July 1493: Alexander makes Borgia a cardinal.
- August 17, 1498: Cesare Borgia becomes Duke of Valentinois after renouncing his position as cardinal. Borgia negotiates with Louis XII to allow the annulment of his marriage in exchange for help invading Naples.
- 1501: Borgia Conquers Romagna and becomes Duke of Romagna. He also sieges Napes and Capua using French troops.
- June 1502: Borgia captures Urbino and Camerino. The Orsini family starts plotting against Borgia… and he kills them.
- August 18, 1503: Pope Alexander VI dies and Borgia is imprisoned by the new pope, Pius III.
- 1504: Borgia is exiled to Spain, but he escapes.
- March 12, 1507: Cesare Borgia is killed in battle.