The Prisoner of Chillon: A Fable
by George Gordon, Lord Byron
The Prisoner of Chillon: A Fable Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- At what point does the speaker learn to be at peace with his captivity?
- How does the bird save the speaker? What might the bird represent?
- Why is the speaker suddenly able to break his chain?
- Why is the island in the middle of the lake so important?
- What does Byron seem to suggest about captivity by the end of the poem?
- Why does the sight of the eagles and fish make the speaker unhappy?
- Why is the speaker sorry to be given his freedom?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...