Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What is the effect of putting Epicurus and Netzahualcoyotl together (the only two people named in the poem)?
- Why do you think the poet uses so many conjunctions (lots of "ands" in the same line)? What is the effect of this technique?
- How does the last, italicized line change the way we read the poem, if at all?
- Are prose and poetry really all that different from one another? Why do you think so?
- Where would you draw the line between prose and poetry?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...