Progressive Era Politics
Discussion & Essay Questions
Available to teachers only as part of the Teaching Progressive Era PoliticsTeacher Pass
Teaching Progressive Era Politics Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Discussion & Essay Questions
- What sorts of divisions exist within contemporary American society?
- Are they similar to those dividing America at the end of the nineteenth century?
- Do industrial workers make up a distinct class with a common set of grievance and goals?
- What about farmers?
- What do your conclusions suggest about American society?
- Who was excluded from the general prosperity of the late nineteenth century?
- Are certain groups excluded from the general prosperity of society today?
- If so, what explains their exclusion?
- Are the reasons similar to those explaining the exclusion of certain groups 100 years ago?