Cite This Page
Colonel Pickering Timeline and Summary
- Pickering shows up in front of the church in Covent Garden.
- He intercedes on Eliza's behalf when she flips out.
- Pickering speaks a bit with Higgins and introduces himself.
- Pickering and Higgins decide to have dinner.
- Pickering and Higgins are talking shop when Eliza comes in and demands lessons.
- He takes pity on her.
- Pickering bets Higgins he can't turn her into a duchess in six months.
- He acts as the voice of reason when Higgins gets a bit out of control.
- A few month's later, Pickering comes to the party at Mrs. Higgins's apartment.
- Pickering and Higgins tell Mrs. Higgins all about their experiments with Eliza.
- He and Higgins ignore Mrs. Higgins's warnings.
- A few months pass. Pickering, Higgins, and Eliza come back from an evening of parties.
- Pickering congratulates Higgins on winning the bet, but does not congratulate Eliza on winning the bet.
- Pickering goes up to bed.
- Pickering and Higgins go to Mrs. Higgins's apartment looking for Eliza.
- He is asked to accompany Doolittle to his wedding.
- Pickering accepts Doolittle's invitation.