Cite This Page
Eliza Doolittle Timeline and Summary
- Eliza is selling flowers one night in Covent Garden.
- She gets knocked over by some guy and loses some flowers
- Eliza asks for money from the guy's family in compensation.
- Eliza freaks out when she hears that some guy is writing down every word she says.
- She is told to shut up by Higgins.
- Eliza sees that Higgins is some kind of language teacher.
- She is given some money by Higgins.
- Eliza shows up at Higgins doorstep and asks to be given lessons.
- Eliza is taken on as a pupil.
- She is bossed around by Higgins.
- Eliza bathes, and comes out of the bathroom wearing a kimono and looking like a beautiful Japanese woman.
- She comes to Mrs. Higgins's party after a couple months of training.
- Eliza speaks perfectly, until she deviates from Higgins's script.
- Eliza amuses Freddy, who falls madly in love with her.
- She leaves the party when Higgins gives her the signal.
- Eliza returns from another party a few months later.
- She has helped Higgins win the bet, but receives no congratulations.
- Eliza gets angry and throws Higgins's slippers at Higgins.
- She asks Higgins what she's going to do with herself now.
- Eliza makes Higgins angry and is nearly hit by Higgins.
- Eliza smiles when he goes up to bed.
- She goes to Mrs. Higgins's.
- Eliza shows herself when Higgins comes to his mother asking about Eliza.
- She gives Higgins the cold shoulder.
- Eliza loses her cool when she sees her father all dressed up and has it out with Higgins.
- Eliza gets angry when Higgins suggests that she marry some rich dude.
- She threatens to marry Freddy, or maybe even to go into competition with Higgins.
- Eliza is nearly strangled by Higgins.
- She says goodbye to Higgins for the last time.