by George Bernard Shaw
Mr. Alfred Doolittle Timeline and Summary
- Doolittle shows up at Higgins's apartment looking for Eliza.
- He demands money in exchange for custody of Eliza
- Doolittle asks for five pounds, and will accept no more than that.
- He amazes Higgins with his speaking abilities.
- Doolittle turns to leave, only to be baffled by the appearance of a Japanese woman…who turns out to be his daughter.
- Doolittle is flabbergasted by her beauty.
- He leaves.
- In the last act, Doolittle shows up at Mrs. Higgins's apartment.
- He is going to get married, and he's all dressed up.
- Doolittle tells everyone that he has come into a lot of money.
- Doolittle is angry at Higgins, because Higgins is responsible for getting him the speaking engagements that make him a lot of money.
- He doesn't want to be rich, because he doesn't want people taking advantage of him.
- Doolittle asks everyone to accompany him to his wedding.