by George Bernard Shaw
Mrs. Pearce Timeline and Summary
- Mrs. Pearce brings Eliza into Higgins's apartment and waits for Higgins's instructions regarding Eliza.
- She takes Eliza to the bath.
- Mrs. Pearce tells Higgins not to get carried away, that he can't simply treat her like an object.
- Mrs. Pearce tells Higgins that he needs to clean up his act and set a good example for Eliza, and, especially, not to swear.
- Mrs. Pearce brings in Alfred Doolittle.
- Mrs. Pearce takes the newly clean Eliza to try on some new clothes.