by Guy Delisle
Pyongyang is made up of a series of vignettes. There’s not really a plot aside from Guy Delisle going around looking at things and sort thinking about them. Here are a few things Guy does during his visit to Pyongyang, in no particular order. He:
- Gets into humorous misunderstandings with his translator, guide, and assistant.
- Stares at a turtle.
- Makes paper airplanes and throws them out the window.
- Tries to get his translator to read 1984.
- Sees North Korea’s really boring tourist attractions which are all (badly) designed to make foreigners realize how awesome North Korea is.
- Works on a French cartoon.
- Gets drunk a lot.
- Goes home.
Overall, it’s just your typical overseas voyage to a notoriously xenophobic country chock full of human rights violations. Contact your travel agent today.