Janice Angstrom Timeline and Summary
- She moves in with her parents after Rabbit leaves her, and at some point during those two months has an extramarital affair with an unknown party.
- She gives birth to Rebecca June Angstrom in June.
- A few weeks later she spends a miserable Sunday cooped up in the apartment with Rabbit and the crying baby, and then rejects Rabbit’s sexual advances.
- After he walks out in anger she tries to sleep but can’t and gets more and more upset.
- She starts drinking and tries to get through the day with nobody knowing Rabbit left, sure he will return by nightfall.
- Her father calls and she lies about why Rabbit isn’t at work.
- She gets mad at Nelson when he complains about lunch, and slaps him.
- Her mother calls and upsets her terribly, and warns Janice that she’s coming over.
- She tries to clean up the apartment and she finds the baby is dirty with her own poop.
- She tries to give her a bath, but loses control and the baby drowns.
- After that we don’t get much information about her, other than she forgives Rabbit and doesn’t blame him and wants to stay married to him.
- She and Rabbit sleep (not the sexy kind) together at her parents’, plan to look for a new home after the funeral, and attend the funeral together.
Previous Page: Harry "Rabbit" Angstrom