Seymour Glass Timeline and Summary
- We hear a story about Seymour reading a "prose pacifier" to Franny when she was a baby.
- We learn that Seymour killed himself in 1948 while vacationing with his wife in Florida.
- Seymour fails to show up at his own wedding.
- The Matron of Honor reveals that Seymour felt "too happy" to get married.
- We learn that Seymour gave a famous actress nine stitches in her face when they were kids together.
- We learn more about Seymour's character when Buddy reads excerpts from his diary.
- We find out that Seymour and Muriel (his fiancée) eloped.
- Buddy reveals the real story behind Charlotte's stitches (she is the famous actress alluded to earlier).
- Buddy discusses Seymour as a sort of Sick Artist.
- We learn that Seymour was a champion talker in their family.
- We learn about Seymour's poetry at great length.
- We learn that Seymour, like the rest of his family, was an entertainer. Buddy claims that he juggled words.
- We read several notes that Seymour left for Buddy many years ago as responses to Buddy's fictional writing.
- We learn that Seymour had long wiry black hair. He also loved their younger siblings and all their horseplay.
- Buddy tells us that Seymour had long fleshy ears and a completely unguarded face – he would smile when others were somber and vice versa, because he felt no social compulsion when it came to emotion.
- We hear about Seymour's nose, which was large, like Buddy's own. Seymour's also had a bend in it from where one of the younger siblings accidentally hit him with a baseball bat.
- We learn that Seymour always picked out nice clothes, but that they fit him horribly and he never seemed to notice or care.
- We learn about Seymour's peculiar brand of athleticism.