Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
Cite This Page
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH Chapter 11 Summary Page 1
In the Library
- As they walk the tunnel into the rats' den, it is very dark.
- Finally, Mrs. Frisby sees a faint glow, but she's confused about where it could be coming from, since they are underground.
- They enter a long hallway that is well lit by tiny light bulbs. Yes: Tiny. Light. Bulbs.
- Justin watches Mrs. Frisby's amazement and tells her that the rats have had indoor electricity for four years.
- Mrs. Frisby knows about electricity but cannot believe that the rats know how to use it for their own needs.
- The group keeps moving and finally they enter a big round chamber that contains an elevator, which they ride in.
- Finally, Mrs. Frisby sees more rats: rats working in groups, carrying things, being very organized.
- They look at her with curiosity but never stop working. Now that's a work ethic!
- Nicodemus comes over to Mrs. Frisby, who immediately notices that he has a scar over his eye. This rat's one tough cookie.
- Mr. Ages explains that Mrs. Frisby has a problem and Nicodemus says that they will help her if they can.
- The he asks Justin to take Mrs. Frisby to the library, where he will come find her after their meeting is over.
- Justin and Mrs. Frisby go to the library, which is filled with books.
- He excuses himself and says that they are having a meeting about the Plan, and that he needs to be there.
- Mrs. Frisby asks what the Plan is, but Justin has already left.
- Alone, she gazes in wonder at all the books. Things are starting to fall into place about her husband and how smart he had always seemed.
- The pieces… are slowly… coming together… She thinks his intelligence must be related to the rats somehow. But she's not quite sure what the real deal is.
- Then, on a large white board, Mrs. Frisby sees written out THE PLAN OF THE RATS OF NIMH.