Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
by Robert C. O'Brien
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH Chapter 14 Summary
- The news that her husband died doing the very task she just offered to do is a lot of information for poor Mrs. Frisby to take in. Needless to say, she's feeling overwhelmed.
- The rats explain that Jonathan had a good reason for not telling her about his connection to and work with the rats. Try telling that to his wife, though…
- She asks what the reason is and Nicodemus says that he will have to tell her a long story in order to answer that question.
- Justin and Mr. Ages go to get the sleeping powder while Nicodemus prepares to tell his story.
- Nicodemus takes Mrs. Frisby into his office, which has a sofa and a radio in it. He tells her that her husband was a part of NIMH.
- Flashback alert! It's time for Nicodemus to tell Mrs. Frisby a very long story.
- Nicodemus begins describing the marketplace where he grew up and how much fun it was to live there as a young rat.
- Here's the scene: one night, Nicodemus and his friend Jenner are cavorting around the marketplace at night.
- They see a big pile of food that looks almost too good to be true.
- It turns out that it is too good to be true. Suddenly, men with next swoop down and catch them. Yikes.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...