Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH Chapter 19 Summary
The Boniface Estate
- The rats and mice travel for months, Watership Down-style, to find some new digs.
- Along the way, they meet other rats, all of whom seem to notice that there is something different about them. The rats from NIMH are straight up freaky.
- Nicodemus begins to worry about how much of their survival depends on stealing, as do some of the other rats. Even thought that's kind of what rats do.
- One day, the rats are walking down the road when they pass a huge, dark house called the Boniface Estate.
- They decide to go in and explore, slipping in through a window.
- The first stop is the kitchen, where they chow down on corn chowder.
- The house is a beautiful mansion, with many rooms, but the library is most exciting to these bookworms.
- The rats live in the Estate all winter, reading late into every night and talking about the future. Hope and love and good feelings and whiskers abound!
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search