Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH Chapter 19 Summary
The Boniface Estate
- The rats and mice travel for months, Watership Down-style, to find some new digs.
- Along the way, they meet other rats, all of whom seem to notice that there is something different about them. The rats from NIMH are straight up freaky.
- Nicodemus begins to worry about how much of their survival depends on stealing, as do some of the other rats. Even thought that's kind of what rats do.
- One day, the rats are walking down the road when they pass a huge, dark house called the Boniface Estate.
- They decide to go in and explore, slipping in through a window.
- The first stop is the kitchen, where they chow down on corn chowder.
- The house is a beautiful mansion, with many rooms, but the library is most exciting to these bookworms.
- The rats live in the Estate all winter, reading late into every night and talking about the future. Hope and love and good feelings and whiskers abound!