Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
by Robert C. O'Brien
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH Chapter 2 Summary
- Mrs. Frisby makes the long, dangerous trip to Mr. Ages' house. As she travels, she worries about all the creatures in the woods that could be a danger to her, but especially about cats.
- She knows what everyone else does: evil lurks in their hearts.
- When Mrs. Frisby arrives at the shoebox-sized house where Mr. Ages lives, the old guy's not home.
- So she waits.
- And when he finally gets back, he's happy to help Mrs. Frisby. But gives her some sad news, too: it sounds like Timothy has pneumonia.
- He gives Mrs. Frisby three little packets of medicine to give to Timothy and tells her how important it is to keep him warm and still.
- Mrs. Frisby leaves for home feeling somewhat relieved, but still worried about how she will keep Timothy warm enough in this cold winter weather. A mother's work is never done.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...