Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH Chapter 20 Summary
The Main Hall
- Back in real time, in the rats' nest, Mr. Ages and Justin come into the office.
- Justin gives Mrs. Frisby the Dragon medicine and asks Mrs. Frisby if she has learned about the Toy Tinker yet.
- She says she has not, but that she must get back to her children. It's getting late, after all.
- The animals decide that Mrs. Frisby will come back later that afternoon to administer the potion to Dragon.
- Then the house moving will begin promptly at 11 pm.
- Hurrying home, Mrs. Frisby wonders how much she should tell her kids and decides to only share the minimum: that the rats will help move the house, and she's gotta go back to the rosebush to help plan.
- The family eats lunch together and then Mrs. Frisby heads out, feeling happy and cheerful.
- Even though she is excited, she's also is afraid of making a mistake.
- As she nears the rosebush, she spies Dragon dozing in the sun. Mrs. Frisby moseys on by.
- Brutus greets her when she arrives at the main entrance and says he will go get Justin for her.
- Justin arrives and offers to show Mrs. Frisby their main hall, so that she can understand what the Plan is all about.
- They go down a bunch more tunnels and finally enter into a room that is filled with rats and buzzing with activity.
- Proudly, Justin shows her their most important asset: a plow that they have made. That's right: a plow. Now that's some engineering.
- Then, he shows her their stockpiles of oats, corn, barley and wheat. They also have seeds to plant.
- As they head towards Nicodemus's office, he explains that the whole Plan is to live without stealing. They're gonna make it on their own.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...