Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH Chapter 20 Summary
The Main Hall
- Back in real time, in the rats' nest, Mr. Ages and Justin come into the office.
- Justin gives Mrs. Frisby the Dragon medicine and asks Mrs. Frisby if she has learned about the Toy Tinker yet.
- She says she has not, but that she must get back to her children. It's getting late, after all.
- The animals decide that Mrs. Frisby will come back later that afternoon to administer the potion to Dragon.
- Then the house moving will begin promptly at 11 pm.
- Hurrying home, Mrs. Frisby wonders how much she should tell her kids and decides to only share the minimum: that the rats will help move the house, and she's gotta go back to the rosebush to help plan.
- The family eats lunch together and then Mrs. Frisby heads out, feeling happy and cheerful.
- Even though she is excited, she's also is afraid of making a mistake.
- As she nears the rosebush, she spies Dragon dozing in the sun. Mrs. Frisby moseys on by.
- Brutus greets her when she arrives at the main entrance and says he will go get Justin for her.
- Justin arrives and offers to show Mrs. Frisby their main hall, so that she can understand what the Plan is all about.
- They go down a bunch more tunnels and finally enter into a room that is filled with rats and buzzing with activity.
- Proudly, Justin shows her their most important asset: a plow that they have made. That's right: a plow. Now that's some engineering.
- Then, he shows her their stockpiles of oats, corn, barley and wheat. They also have seeds to plant.
- As they head towards Nicodemus's office, he explains that the whole Plan is to live without stealing. They're gonna make it on their own.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search