Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH Chapter 21 Summary
The Toy Tinker
- Flashback alert! In this chapter, we jump back to the story of the rats on the loose, having escaped from NIMH.
- After eight months, the rats leave the Boniface Estate, having learned so much from their reading in the library.
- Sure, they've mastered astronomy and history, but they've also learn about how much humans hate them because they steal.
- With this knowledge, the rats are able to formulate a Plan for a new type of rat life—one with less stealing and more growing things.
- The rats get to searchin', knowing what they want their new home to be like, but not knowing where to look.
- At the estate, they looked at maps, and Jenner became interested in the area of the FitzGibbon Farm.
- As they are headed to that general area, they go through a National Forest and find "The Toy Tinker" truck.
- The truck contains all sorts of tiny tools used to make toys, as well as toy furniture.
- Sadly, the Toy Tinker has died in the forest. But the upside is, the rats feel okay about exploring the truck.