Ready Player One Chapter 10 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- As he leaves the Tomb of Horrors, Wade sees (and subsequently ignores) dozens of messages from Aech, who's seen that Parzival found the Copper Key.
- Believing the riddle from the key is guiding him to Middletown, a replica of Halliday's hometown of Middletown, OH, Wade heads there in search of the gate.
- On the way to Halliday's house, Wade sees that Art3mis has obtained the Copper Key. But there's no time to delay; he must press on.
- The "trash" from the riddle is a slang term for the TRS-80 computer, a replica of which sits in Halliday's bedroom. Near it, a copy of the game Dungeons of Daggorath.
- After beating this game-within-a-game, the gate appears inside a movie poster of WarGames.
- Parzival inserts the Copper Key into the keyhole, and falls into the starry abyss that opens in the poster.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...