Ready Player One
Cite This Page
Ready Player One Chapter 37 Summary Page 1
How It All Goes Down
- The Third Gate's first challenge is a game of Tempest. No, not Shakespeare. The arcade game, of course.
- Even though he only has one credit, Parzival uses a trick to get 40 more to help him achieve a high score.
- As if there were any doubt, he does it. On to stage 2!
- Stage 2 is another Flicksync, a challenge to perfectly imitate a movie, like WarGames inside the First Gate. This time, it's Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- Meanwhile, the Sixers are playing Tempest, so Parzival has to ace this, or OASIS is lost forever.
- He does it! After the movie, he's transported to a recreation of Halliday's office.
- The Easter egg must be hidden inside.